Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Montessori Green Reading - ALL NEW - Set A

So, this has been on my mind and in the works for a while now.  I have had the green reading materials for years now, and I have used them with my own children.  They truly have made all the difference in the world with a couple of my children with learning differences.  My problem has been that those children also needed a great deal of extra instruction and work in all 71 of the phonograms.  They never could make the jumps in learning that the other children could, they had to baby step their way through all of the phonograms and through all of the rules of English.  In short, they could have really used something different than I had created, but I didn't understand how to make it better back then.

With experience comes understanding and better ways to help children learn our VERY complicated language.  Because of this - I have completely revamped the green reading material to strive to accommodate EVERYONE.  Actually, I am still in the middle of the process, and I HAVE to have it finished for the summertime when I need to use it.

NOTE: this post is different from the first Green Reading Post.   I have saved that post, but I will be using THIS set, and the others that will follow.

Right now I have ALMOST all of Green Reading Set A completed, and I love it so much that I want to share it NOW.  There may be a few bugs in it, so please help me out if you see anything.

Set A uses the following 18 phonograms: th, sh, ch, a_e (as in lake), i_e, o_e, ar, or, oo (as in moon), ai, ea (as in bead), ay, ee, oa, ou (as in cloud), ow (as in crowd), qu, and y (as in bunny).  Sets B through D will include the other 53 phonograms.


Each File has a little information about the material and how to use it.  If you need more information, please feel free to ask.

Green Reading Set A - Level #1
Phonogram Objects and Printed Alphabet for Word Building
click on picture to link to file




Green Reading Set A - Level #2
Phonogram Pictures with Matching Word Cards
click on picture to link to file
THIS IS A BIG FILE

Green Reading Set A - Level #3
Phonogram Picture Mats and Matching Word Cards
CORRECTED - was missing 'OW'
click on picture to link to file
THIS IS A BIG FILE

Green Reading Set A - Level #4
Phonogram Baskets with Secret Word Slips
click on picture to link to file

Green Reading Set A - Level #5
Phonogram Booklets
click on picture to link to file

Green Reading Set A - Level #6
Phonogram Word Lists
click on picture to link to file

Green Reading Set A - Level #7: Phonogram Sentence Strips COMING SOON!

Green Reading Set A - Level #8: Phonogram Reading Stories COMING SOON!

Green Reading Set A - Level #9: Montessori Reading Stories COMING SOON!

Green Reading Writing Books COMING SOON!

Printed Alphabet COMING SOON!





19 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, this is awesome.

    We've been following your pink series work with great success, and are about to start with the blue. I was really hoping you'd post the green series too.

    Thank you once again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been itching to get it online, but I wanted to get it further along so people could understand the idea of the sets. I hope you LOVE it. I can't wait to begin using it here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW! What a gift. I am new to your blog but appreciate your generosity and the time you put into your materials. I am definitly going to pin this for future use--thank-you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for all of your hard work! My son is a struggling reader (possibly dyslexia). I just finished introducing the first 5 vowel sounds (short) and we've finished learning all the consonants.

    I printed out the Pink Series so he may practice decoding skills before moving on. I really appreciate your time & attention to detail--your materials are wonderful!

    ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My oldest does have dyslexia, and really had it rough until I started using this method. Understanding the 3 period lesson, and that I would have to frequently go back to the 1st period without frustration, was supremely important.

      Delete
  5. Will another set have ir and er?

    I am so happy to have found your site! My kids are going to love having new language materials!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, in the next 3 sets ALL of the remaining phonograms will be covered.

      Delete
  6. I can't seem to get to the download? Every time I click on the picture it takes me to Google Drive instead of the file? Help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not upgraded to Google Drive yet. I don't know if that would affect your download. Usually with a big file it takes you to a gray screen and you have to look for the download button.

      Delete
  7. this is SO amazing . thankyou so much for your generosity :)..it really means alot to mohters like me who have non verbal kids and just dont know where to start ! i printed out the pink series and have successfully used it with my son who is 5 now. i cant wait to see the other sets you have , as there is a shortage of storybooks here in the palce i live , especially books that use simple 3 letter words and simple sight words. Eagerly awiting your resources, may god bless you and yours !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just want to say how thankful I am that you put these materials up for free. I downloaded the picture mats and word cards and I know it will be a great addition to our homeschool work. Thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much! I can not tell you how much I appreciate your willingness to share what you have created. I know how much time you must have invested and how valuable time is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see the rest!!! Thankyou:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait until I get the rest finished. I will get it up just as soon as I can.

      Delete
  11. Thank you so much for your generosity and your amazing work. May God bless you and your wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I love your materials:) Awesome! Fantastic! Can't wait to see your Green Reading Set Level 7-9.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! Love these materials. I noticed on Pink Level 5 the /u/ secret word slips don't have the font red/blue color coding. Any chance to get this fixed? or is it intentional?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the question. It is intentional. In my manuals the 5th level is done in black and white without the colored letters.

      Delete
  14. Thank you so much! These materials are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete