- the adult sets up a chosen number card and corresponding counter(s) and brings a colored pencil of choice to the rug or table (it is best to choose one of the lower numbers for presentation)
- the adult models carefully coloring in the corresponding counter(s) on their own sheet
- the adult says, "When I do this work, I will only color in the counter(s) that match the card and counter(s) I have chosen."
- the adult says, "When I have finished coloring this number card and counter(s) I will put them all away and get a new number card and counters."
- the adult returns all parts of this work to the shelf and invites the child to do this work
|Cards and Counters Coloring Extension Exercise|
click on picture to link to the file