Saturday, October 1, 2011

Beginning Letter Sound 'Word Walls'

I have tried to make this set of cards a visually enjoyable exercise for classroom and home.  It is my pleasure to share it with you.

All of the letters are made using the phonetic sound, including the vowels.  There are 10 of each beginning letter sound.  I have also chosen not to use blends for the beginning letter sound (such as in 'pretzel').  This helps children to more clearly hear the letter sound in question.

'a' Beginning Letter Sound Cards
click on picture to link to the file
'b' Beginning Letter Sound Cards
click on picture to link to the file
'c' Beginning Letter Sound Cards
click on picture to link to the file
'd' Beginning Letter Sound Cards
click on picture to link to the file
'e' Beginning Letter Sound Cards
click on picture to link to the file
'f' Beginning Letter Sound Cards
click on picture to link to the file
'g' Beginning Letter Sound Cards
click on picture to link to the file
'h' Beginning Letter Sound Cards
click on picture to link to the file
'i' Beginning Letter Sound Cards
click on picture to link to the file
'j' Beginning Letter Sound Cards
click on picture to link to the file
'k' Beginning Letter Sound Cards
click on picture to link to the file
'l' Beginning Letter Sound Cards
click on picture to link to the file
'm' Beginning Letter Sound Cards
click on picture to link to the file
'n' Beginning Letter Sound Cards
click on picture to link to the file


'p' Beginning Letter Sound Cards
click on picture to link to the file
'q' Beginning Letter Sound Cards
click on picture to link to the file
'r' Beginning Letter Sound Cards
click on picture to link to the file
's' Beginning Letter Sound Cards
click on picture to link to the file
't' Beginning Letter Sound Cards
click on picture to link to the file
'u' Beginning Letter Sound Cards
click on picture to link to the file
'v' Beginning Letter Sound Cards
click on picture to link to the file
'w' Beginning Letter Sound Cards
click on picture to link to the file
'x' Beginning and Ending Letter Sound Cards
click on picture to link to the file
'y' Beginning Letter Sound Cards
click on picture to link to the file
'z' Beginning Letter Sound Cards
click on picture to link to the file
 

    20 comments:

    1. Hello

      I am so thrilled to have discover your blog and truly appreciate your generosity and your contribution to enrich our classroom.I already imagine the excitement when our students will be back. My pleasure would be completed if I could get the Words Wall-card for K. For some reason,it does not appear.....Thank you for your kindness. Now, back to cutting......!

      Have a wonderful summer.

      Sylvie

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you for letting me know that the K page was missing. I have uploaded it. I hope that you find many wonderful things here! Let me know if anything else is missing here.

        Delete
    2. Good morning

      You have so many treasures! I am becoming addicted! Thank you for adding the letter K but I still cannot open it to print it. I had success with every thing else. I welcome any suggestion.Many thanks.

      Sylvie

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I had some trouble figuring out why you couldn't open the file. I have fixed it now. Let me know that you got it.

        Delete
    3. Wow what a wonderful sight. Hats off to you. I must say you must be truly very passionate Montessorian. Who has the patience and magnanimity to prepare these lovely materials and upload them for free use and download. Awesome. I have quite a few which I would like to contribute. Let me know your mail id. I shall send it to you. You may edit it and put it up.

      ReplyDelete
    4. You can reach my email at discovery.montessoriblog@gmail.com. I would love to see what you have and collaborate with you.

      ReplyDelete
    5. I just discovered your site this afternoon and it brought me to tears. I have just started a small home Montessori School. It has been an very expensive dream of mine to open my own school. I was in need of language material and was about to spend hundreds of dollars on purchasing it. Words cannot express how thankful I am for allowing access to your material. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

      ReplyDelete
    6. YOUR WELCOME, YOUR WELCOME, YOUR WELCOME!!! Saving money to be able to spend on a different thing is what it is all about. I am so glad that you found my blog!

      ReplyDelete
    7. A simple thank you in exchange for a WEALTH of materials! I am amazed at your generosity as well as your creativity. I look forward to decorating my classroom word wall with these beautiful and appealing picture cards. Thank you SO much!!!

      Chrissy Farias
      Pre-Kindergarten Teacher
      Massachusetts

      ReplyDelete
    8. Your materials are so great! As new a teacher in a position with many other responsibilities I really appreciate your sharing them.
      Jess
      D.C.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. A GREAT BIG your are welcome! I am so thrilled and humbled how many people appreciate these materials.

        Delete
    9. Thank you for these wonderful resources. I have recoomended your sight to all my students who are embarking on their Montessori careers here in South Africa. My son also enjoys using them.
      Thank you

      ReplyDelete
    10. OMG... finally i got it! Thanks a mil for sharing these wonderful materials. Saved me a lot of time from preparing them manually. Wish i could do more than say thank you...
      God bless you!

      Stellastina
      Ghana

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You are most welcome. I hope you have a great time using them.

        Delete
    11. Many thanks for your generosity! God bless you more!

      ReplyDelete
    12. thank you so much for your generosity!

      ReplyDelete
    13. The first word in my mind when i found your blog was "wow". I've been wondering around to find language resources for my 3 year old daughter and finally, i find antreasure. Thank you so much for all the works that you've done. I truely know how hard it is. From the bottom of my heart, thank you so much for your kindness and generousity!

      ReplyDelete
    14. Thank you so much for these wonderful resources

      ReplyDelete
    15. Thank you for sharing this resource. It is so helpful and high quality. : )

      ReplyDelete